FoxPro 2.6 for MS-DOS / Windows - Basic Commands
- FoxPro is SEMI-RDBMS
- Unlike other RDBMS systems, in FoxPro each database can contain only one table.
- Hence, the single table is called as database in this tutorial
In FoxPro, first four characters of any command is enough to execute
For e.g.:- crea ==> create
1. TO OPEN A DATABASE:
2.TO CLOSE THE DATABASE:
To close the current opened database.
To close the all opened database.
3. To CREATE NEW DATABASE:
4. To Modify Structure of the Database:
5. To add new records in database
Append is used to add the new record.
- To add blank records.
Append from first.dbf
- To add the records from FIRST.DBF to SECOND.DBF
- Same Structure is required for these databases
6. To display the records in the current database
Used to display the particular record.
Display All Records in page wise.
7. To Display the structure of the database:
8. To display the status of the set commands:
9. To display the status of the system memory variables.
10. To view the status bar
Set stat on
11. To edit records
- It list all the records one by one for editing.
Any one of the record can be edited using 'FOR' as below
EDIT FOR empname = "LEELA"
EDIT FOR rollno = 103
12. To delete records
- To delete current record
DELETE NEXT 4
- To delete next 4 records
After using the delete command the records marked with * (asterisk) mark, i.e., marked for deletion.
- It is used to recover the deleted records.
RECALL NEXT 4
- To delete the records permanently. It is used after the delete command.
- It can be used to empty the record instead of deleting.
13. To delete all the records in the current database
Mr Karthikeyan, I have copied one particular directory which has some database folders to a system running win 10. I'm using VM to run Foxpro. I'm unable to locate one of the directory from Foxpro but the directory exists when I look from Windows Explorer. How to select that directory in Foxpro. Can you help please ?
Download from the below link, and see the readme file for installation instructions. if you have any problem in install let me know. https://www.box.com/s/zad72...
It was posted while we were…
It was posted while we were studying B.C.A., you have missed it.. :-)
I learned FoxPro when I was in Class 6. Feeling Nostalgia!